Today I decided to do a makeup look for my Mom who is courageously fighting cancer. She also faces chemo therapy for the next 12 weeks. I did a previous post regarding her cancer situation which I will link here for anyone interested. But anyways, today I am doing a post talking about this makeup look for mature skin. Doing makeup on someone else or yourself when you have mature skin can be a bit of a choir because the skin may have lost elasticity and it may be difficult to blend out or line eyes. If I could give one tip for applying makeup on mature skin it would be to hold the skin as taught as possible. This will help create a most stable canvas. Also, make sure your moisturize well and apply a good eye cream. This will help give a smoother appearance. So here we go...first I will show you a before and after.
What did I use?
- Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil
- Living Source Matrixyl 3000 eye cream
- Revlon Age Defying Foundation (applied with a damp beauty blender)
- Benefit Erase Paste (Undereye circles)
- Arbonne Concealer (undereyes and blemishes or age spots)
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (Highlight)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- NYC Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny (Soft Contour)
- Hard Candy Blush in Pin-up (Apples to hairline)
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (High Points of cheeks)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (This is fabulous for mature eyes because all but one shade is matte, this help camouflage the look of wrinkles and crows feet) I used Naked 2 and lids. Walk of Shame on inner part of lid. Faint on outer 'V'. Blended out with foxy. Blended a soft liner on top and bottom lashlines with Crave.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on top lashes only
- Essence Lip Pencil in In the Nude
- Urban Decay Lipstick in Native
So, I hope you enjoyed the look that I did on my Mom. It was a soft everyday look that she can easily recreate on herself. Let me know some of your tips for makeup application on mature skin.
Until Next Time...