April 19, 2015

4 Ways to Spruce up your Space this Spring

Hello my little chocolate covered peanuts,

          With the warmer weather coming around, some of us may go through spring decor syndrome (I made this up, not actual medical condition). I am no home decorator or stylist but I do have a few decor ideas that I love. So, let's get started...



1.Re-purpose old Heirlooms

When I say 'Re-purpose", i mean taking something old and using it for something other than it's intended purpose. Such as, to decorate your space! We have tons of old Nick-nacks sitting around in my closet that we have used as decor. My mother had her first sewing machine collecting dust in our closet for years before we decided to whip it out and use it as a conversation piece. This sewing machine has given us many great conversations with our guests and it always gets noticed. Also, we have turned out old Singer table into a coffee station. We have a small amount of kitchen space so this acts like a second counter top. One thing to remember when using heirlooms in decor is not to fret if they aren't in the best of shape. My moms sewing machine has a few pieces missing and has collected some rust in the crannies. It happens, their old. 




2. Get Crisp with White

Since moving into a much smaller space last year, I have learned that using white or creams really open up a space and give it a clean and crisp feel. You can combo any color with white which makes it super versatile. I love combining gold tones with white. It adds a touch of decadence to a space without costing a fortune. 




3. Use Books to Warm up a Table

I am a bookworm, there is no doubt about it. But I also love books in decor. Stacking old books on a coffee table, add a warm vintage feel. My mom has tons of books that are not in any shape to be read but would make a great conversation piece on a side table. 

4. Bring on the Blooms

Since it is the season of spring blooms, why not go to your local grocery store or flower shop and pick up some beautiful flowers to cheer up your space. This will really liven the space up and inspire your spring to-dos. 

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment