August 02, 2012

Braids, Braids, Braids

They are everywhere! Braids in buns, pigtail braids, braided ponies and even braided faux hawks. It certainly looks like braids are the trend of the summer and I defiantly think this trend with head off into the fall and winter. I personally love this look and frequently rock it. My favorite way to wear a braid is in my bangs, kind of like a headband. I love this look with soft curls or waves.

Let's examine different types of braids and how you can pull them off.

First off, let's look at the classic french braid.



The french braid a three strand braid and is fairly simple to accomplish. I usually do a french braid in my bang, which we will examine later. I love this look and would say I do it most often. I also love the idea of french braids Incorporated into an updo. It add that x factor but still looks chic an polished.

Moving on...



The dutch braid is basically a reversed french braid. I also love this look in my bangs. It's alot of fun adding this braid to a bun or pony tail. Love!

Next...


The fishtail braid is a two strand braid and achieved by taking pieces from one side and crossing it over and then doing the same for the opposite side. It does take some time to do but it will be worth it when it's done. I love this braid for a day at the beach or even for a shopping day. It also looks super cute topped with a hat.

And finally...


Lauren Conrad is the queen of the braided bang and I have fallen madly in love with it myself. I love it because it's just a cute way to get your bangs out of your face. Again, this could be added to an updo.

So, that is it for now Beauty Queens. I'm going to try and post a few vlog tutorials on how to accomplish each braid. Like I said, I am certain that this trend in going to stick through the fall/winter months.

What do you think of the trend? Do you have any particular braided styles you like to rock?
Ta-ta for now BQ's.

xoxo
Sarah












No comments:

Post a Comment