May 03, 2014

Tips For Special Events ♥

Hello Beautiful People, 

              Today I am going to give you guys tips on getting ready for special events, but first let's take a moment to talk about how this is my 100th post!!!! Yaaaay! I have posted 100 times and wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all my loyal readers and subscribers. I love you all! :) Anyways on to the post...
If you don't want to read, click here for the video!!

 

Getting ready for special events can be stressful, especially when there is a complicated dress code. I personally get asked alot of questions regarding special events because I feel like all I ever go to are special events. Today, I am going to give you some of my tips on getting ready for these. So let's go...

Tip#1. Determine The Dress Code

This is probably the most annoying part for me because sometimes you don't know what each dress code means and noone wants to show up under/overdressed. So here are some guidelines to make it easy. 

Dressy Casual

For Men:
  • Dress Shirt
  • Dress Pants or Nice Jeans
For Women
  • Dress
  • Dressy Skirt
  • Dress Pants or Nice Jeans
Most Common Types of Events: Bridal showers, Stag and Doe's, Baby Shower, Wine and Cheese

Semi-Formal

For Men:
  • Dark Business Suit
  • Dress shirt and Tie
For Women:
  •  Cocktail Dress
  • Dress Pants
  • LBD (Little Black Dress)
Most Common Types of Events: Weddings, Funerals, Engagement Parties,  Dances, Graduation Parties

Formal

For Men:
  • White Shirt and Bow Tie
  • Tuxedo
For Women:
  • Formal Evening Gown (Floor Length)
  • Formal Cocktail Dress
  • Dressiest LBD 
Most Common Types of Events: Weddings, Prom, Dances, Anniversary Parties

2. Wear Appropriate Shoes

When choosing footwear for events, take into consideration to venue that your event will take place. Will there be stairs, slippery floors, carpet? Is the event outdoors, will there the grass, grates or concrete? Opt for tiny heels or flats if there will be alot of dancing. 

3. Decide on Makeup and Hair looks in Advance

I like to think about my looks weeks in advance. Closer to the event date, I like to google or go on pinterest to get ideas on what I might like to try. Also, make sure you have all the products you need to achieve your look. If budget allows, go out and splurge on quality products that are going to last through the night. When it comes to hair, make sure you have the right heat tools, bobby pins and good hair spray. Being prepared for an event wil really help everything to go smoothly. Alos, when trying a new hair or makeup looks, practice it in advance incase you need to tweek it. 

4. Give Yourself a Facial and a Manicure

Either do this on yourself or go to a professional. Go out to a beauty supply store and get all the products you need. When doing a facial I usually, cleanse, steam, use a mud mask and then moisturize. If you want to a tutorial on how I do this, click here. Do NOT do this the day of the event!! I suggest doing this the night before if not sooner because you may get a reaction of some sort. Sometimes when deep cleaning your pores, pimples or boils appear because they are surfacing. You want to give your skin time to heal before you event. Giving yourself a facial and manicure will really help give you a confidence boost. 

5. Get Ready Early

Getting ready early will make room for any mishaps you may have. I like to get ready for an event 3 hours in advance. I know that seems like a bit much but I like to have time to get things just right or else I get flustered when crunch time comes around. When I say 3 hours in advance, I mean 3 hours before I leave, not 3 hours before the event starts. I want to give myself time to get gas, go to the bank if needed and drive to the venue. Also, make sure you have a backup of undergarments, such as pantyhose. I like to buy a few pairs in case I rip them or something.

6. Pack Essentials in a Purse

 

Always have your clutch or purse stocked for emergencies. Some things I like to carry are:
  • Money
  • Keys
  • Makeup
  • Mints or Gum 
  •  Cell Phone
Money is a given. If there is a cash bar, money is essential as most wont take debit or credit. Also, sometimes people ask for a donation to cover the cost of events. There may also be a cover fee if the event is taking place at a restaurant or nightclub. 

When I say carry makeup, I mean a few items to touch up if needed. I like to carry concealer, lipstick, lip balm, a makeup sponge and some Qtips. Dip your Qtip in makeup remover and wrap in tin foil, that way if you have a smudge of some sorts, you can just wipe it away. 

Mints or gum will come in handy if they are serving garlicky foods. It is also nice to have if you engage in a slow dance. 

A Cell Phone is a given, in case there is an emergency of some sort. But don't spend the night texting on it. Your at an event, soak it in. 

7. Have Fun!

This is the most important of all my tips because after all the fluff of getting ready, this is what it has all led up to. Don't stress, just have fun, dance the night away and take tons of pictures to capture the moment. 

I hope this help you all to get ready for your events. If you liked this post, don't forget to subscribe, like, share and follow on Youtube, Facebook, Intagram, twitter and right here on Google+. 

Do you have any tips for getting ready for events? Let us know below! 





No comments:

Post a Comment