April 10, 2014

Top Drugstore Products: Face ♥

Hello Beautiful People,
           Lately I have been noticing alot of network users posting videos about their top drugstore products. I have been wanting to do this for a while but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a post or video. I decided to make a post because I feel like I can go into more detail by posting on the blog. We are going to do this in two parts, this post will deal with face products from skin care to blush. My next post will deal with eyes, lips and nails. So enough with the jibber jabber, let get into this post. 

Primer

1. Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer
This primer is comparative to the Smashbox primer but a fraction of the cost. It features a softening silica feeling primer that fills pores and smooths out textured skin. This works really nice for people with acne scaring. This runs for about $6 CAD.

2. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
This product caused alot of controversy on the Internet, people either love it or hate it. I, for one, love this product. It smooths the skin out nicely and is also reminiscent of the smashbox primers. I would not necessarily say that it erases pores, but it defiantly blurs them which is nice. This runs for around $12 CAD. 

3. Essence Eyeshadow Base
I know this isn't necessarily a 'face' product but it does create a nice naked base to start your shadow building. It blocks put discoloration and veins and also helps the shadow last all day. This runs for $3 CAD. 

 

Foundation

1. Relvon Colorstay Foundation
I have had an opportunity to use both the whipped version and the liquid version and I gotta say I am in love. This foundation is medium to full coverage and comes in an array of shades. These claim to last 24 hours but I will be honest and say that I get about 12 hours of wear. That is perfect for me because I don't think I would need 24 hour coverage ever. This product runs for around $18 give or take a few bucks.
2. L'Oreal True Blend Liquid Foundation
I truly adore this makeup. It is super blend able, light, medium coverage. This product is flawless. I learned quickly that a little goes a long way with this foundation. It spreads delightfully and I can usually get 8 hours of wear out of this foundation. These little bottles of magic come in tons of shades so there is something for everyone. These run for about $13 CAD.
3. Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation
This foundation has been a favorite of bloggers and youtubers alike since it came out last year and put Covergirl back on the map. It is a very medium to full coverage and lasts all day. If I had one bad thing to say about this it would be that there isn't a large color selection and they do oxidize alot. These run for about $15 CAD.

  Concealer

1. Revlon Colorstay Correcting Concealer
I really like this product for it's lasting power. It is about light to medium coverage. It is lightweight and never cakey. I also find it very build-able for fuller coverage. This concealer also claims to correct and cover acne and blemishes. I would not say that it works well in that regard but this is a good everyday concealer. Runs for about $12 CAD.

2.Hard Candy Brightening Concealer
This is probably one for my favorite concealers for under eyes. The click pen-style concealer has flecks of shimmer to help reflect light and brighten under eye circles. This can also be used around the nose and mouth for an overall brighter look. My only complaint about this concealer is that it does dry quickly so you will want to work quickly and with a damp sponge to prevent it caking up on you. This runs for about $6 CAD.


 

Powder

1. Physicians Formula Super CC+ 
This tri-color powder has got to be my favorite powder of all time. This powder has pigments of pink (for brightening), Yellow (for dark spots) and Green (For redness). This powder does wonders at covering what needs to be covered. I notice a huge difference when I forget to use it or use another option. This runs for about $21 CAD.

2.Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder
Before buying this powder, I had heard many rave reviews regarding this product. The claims were all true! This is an extremely fine milled pressed powder that feels like butter on your skin, as in good butter, not greasy gross butter. Cons: this powder tends to look darker than it actually applies so tread lightly. This products cost around $12 CAD.


 

Bronzer

1. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Toffee
I know this technically isn't a 'bronzer' but I LOVE this product for contouring. This product is not my first choice as a foundation but because it is a matte medium/deep shade it works fantastic as a contour to my skin ton. I do not go to work without a contour because I have a full face. This product cost around $8 CAD.
2. NYC All Over Face Powder in Sunny
I think the product comes one shade but I feel like it could work for anyone. NYC is not my favorite drugstore brand but for the prices this line has some awesome and consistent products. This is a very matte powder with no shimmer. The only thing I would say is that it does lean toward the orange side so maybe use this over an ash toned cream contour. This powder is a steal at around $4 CAD.


 

Blush

1. Hard Candy Blush Crushed Blush
I have 3 of these beautiful and affordable blushes because they are just so eye catching.  These blushes feature a swirly colorful shimmer palette of deliciousness. These go on very sudtley but they also give off a good amount of color. The can also double as highlighters. I have the shades Pin-up, living doll and honeymoon. The go for about $6 CAD.

2. Maybelline Bouncy Blush
This little pots of bouncy (yes, bouncy) blushes are nice, creamy and pigmented. To be honest, I am not sure what makes or why these blushes are bouncy. These are cream blushes and they run for about $7 CAD.

Skin Care

1. Cetaphil Cleanser
Cetaphil cleanser gets the job done with minimal pomp and circumstance. This cleanser is pure and simple but it does a great job of getting off all makeup and really cleaning those pores. It is also fantastic for sensitive skin as it hypo-allergenic. Costs around $7 CAD.

2.Clean and Clear Gel Moisturizer
This is my go-to summer moisturizer because it is light, cooling and most important in a moisturizer, it is moisturizing. It has a cucumber and green tea extracts and is super cooling on the skin. *QUICK TIP: Leave this in the refrigerator in the summer time for a quick depuffer and pick-me-up in the summer heat. I would not recommend this for a winter moisturizer because it is super light which makes it fabulous for the summer. This product costs about $10 CAD.

So, there you have some of my favorite drugstore face products. I hope you enjoyed and please let me know what drugstore products you swear by. Stay tuned for part 2 of this series coming soon. Also, do forget to like, share, subscribe and follow me on all my social networks including facebook, twitter, instagram and google+. Thank you for reading!!!

Until next time...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment