May 12, 2012

Biggest Beauty Secret Ever

What do you think the biggest beauty secret ever is?
  • Implants
  • Botox
  • Lasers
  • Facials
  • Massages
  • A health diet
  • Lypo
  • Gastric Bypass
Some of you may have selected one or two of the above procedures. Or if your like myself the answer was none of the above. My biggest beauty secret is confidence. I know, I know, it's so cliche. But that being said, let me explain myself before you close this window and jump off.

Comfort and Confidence Go Hand In Hand.What does that even mean? Let me explain. Comfort is so important to most people. When you put on a pair of comfortable jeans doesn't your mind just breathe a sigh of relief? Have you seen that girl standing in the corner with a pair of jeans on that look about 2 sizes to small? Why is she probably standing in that corner? Well, most people would say it was because she was shy and just didn't want to be a social butterfly. I have been that girl and you can bet your sweet buns that most of the time, that's not why she's in the corner. Would you want to be seen in jeans that gave you a muffin top and bulgy thighs? Yeah, neither does she. She may have gained a little weight or the case may even be that he jeans accidentally shrunk in the wash. Whatever the case may be, she is uncomfortable with how she feels. Therefore, confidence is lacking. This comes down to my point, that if you are comfortable in what you have on (that being sweat pants or high heels) your confidence gets a boost. Are you following so far?

OK, so how is this my biggest beauty secret ever? Well, let me finish. Have you ever heard the phrase 'Seeing is Believeing'? What an interesting phrase that is, 'seeing is believeing'...Let's examine that for a second. So, if you see that your mom is making dinner, you believe that our going to be eating dinner shortly...hmmm...Well then, if you see yourself as a beautiful, amazing person, others will too. So, here is what I'm getting at, have you ever met someone and at first sight you kind of may notice a flaw in that person, for instance, they are super short. But you start getting to know that person and you suddenly don't even notice the flaw. That person believes that they are 6 feet tall and suddenly, so do you. Something in your mind set changes. So, if you come across as a confident, beautiful and worthy person, others will see that you are exactly as you seem.

I have been down this road many times, with myself and others. It is probably one of the hardest things to develop. The other day at work my co-worker said to me, 'I love your hair today'. My immediate response was 'Thanks! But this side is so messed up!'. I couldn't just accept the compliment and move on. I quickly had to let myself know that Wasn't perfect, and neither was my hair. If I had simply aid 'Thanks!' she would have never noticed the fact that my hair was messed on one side. That is such a hard habit to break.

At the end of the day though, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. Everyone is going to view beauty a different way and that's something we have to accept. But if you view yourself as beautiful, the 'beholder' might just follow in your footsteps.

Love Sarah

P.S- Do you agree? Is 'seeing' 'believeing'? Have you had to develop confidence? Or have you already developed it? What's your secret? Hit up the comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment