June 05, 2016

3 things I learned in my 27 years

Okay, okay, I know I'm going to get shade from some people because they think I am pulling the "wise, old owl" card when I'm only 27. There, I said it, I'm ONLY 27 years young. But I defiantly feel like I have dealt with alot for the average person of this age. This post is by no means stating that I am old. I am just sharing my musings with others who may have experienced similar. Also, If you are reading this post for love advice, turn away now. I am very limited with my "Love" experience. However, I do touch on it at one point. 

So, now that we got the disclaimer out of the way, I'm here to share my thoughts. I turn 27 this month and I have admit, I don't feel like I should be that old. It feels like I was just crying over turning 20 like 5 minutes ago. Yes, I cried. Today I shall take my life experiences, pop them in a juicer and extract my life lessons. I hope you will find this interesting, so let's get into it. 


1. You Will Always be Tested

At work, in love and in life,  you will always be tested. At work, they will test your limits, your worth ethic and even test your loyalty. They will see how far they can push you before you will snap and stand up for yourself. They will even make you question your sanity. I have worked in retail for 10 years and I have never had a job where they don't pick on something. Now let's be honest here,some days I'm extremely unmotivated but even on my hardest working days there is something that they aren't pleased with.



 In Love, you will be tested by the person who shows interest. They will see how far they can push your morals, try and make you jealous, even test how far you will go to get/keep them. In life, you will always be tested to some degree. Even your sanity will be tested at some point, and if you dont already know what I mean, don't worry, you will.


2. You never know what you are capable of facing until you have no choice but to face it. 

Before I lost my Mom last year I, never in a bazillion years, thought I could face losing a parent, especially my mother. I was forced to do the unthinkable. Forced to plan a funeral, forced to pass by her room everyday,  forced to go on without her. Forced to make decisions without getting her feedback. Forced to live without my best buddy. But I did it, and quite brilliantly,  I might add. I am living life, it's not easy, but I am doing it regardless.  So, when, in life, you think you could NEVER deal with something, don't underestimate yourself. You are stronger than you might think.


3. No Matter how bad things get, it will get better.

There have been countless times in the last 27 years where things have been bad, so bad thay I never thought life would be the same. I even anticipated what it was going to be like living in misery (ah, the brain of an overthinker). But you know what? It does get better. You will go back to being yourself and life will balance out. It never stays bad for long and once it does get better, you will realize, it won't be the first or the last time things will seem bad. Life has a way of throwing a monkey wrench into any and all situations, not to be pessimistic or anything.


The best piece of advice I can give it grab your surfboard and go with the waves. It's the only way you can prevent them from crashing over and consuming you.

Bottom line friends, life is rough and you will learn your own lessons. These are just some of the ones I have learned personally.  Let me know below what some of your life lessons have been. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I think my life lesson is:
    Laugh at yourself.
    I think it's the people who take themselves and everything else too seriously that are the most unhappy. They say laughter is the best medicine. Through good times and bad, you'll always have yourself there to laugh at.

    ReplyDelete